November 7, 2023
End User License Agreement (EULA) for True-VFX Addons and Assets
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ THIS LICENSE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SOFTWARE.
1. License Grant
- True-VFX ("We"/"Us"/"Our") hereby grants you ("User"/"You"/"Your") a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license to use the Addons and Assets ("Software") provided in this package solely for Your personal or business purposes strictly in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
2. Commercial use
- You are permitted to use the Software in commercial projects, meaning you may incorporate the Assets into commercial works such as images, renders, animations, or films that you may sell or derive income from, subject to the restrictions and conditions outlined herein.
3. Intellectual Property Rights for Assets
- The assets provided as part of the Software, including but not limited to models, trees, grass, rocks, buildings, vehicles, humans, materials, texture files, VDB files, shaders, compositor setups, meshes, objects, worlds, and geometry nodes, are the intellectual property of True-VFX or its licensors.
- These assets are intended solely for use within Blender projects and the creation of images, renders, animations, or film. They may not be used in live applications or within interactive environments, including but not limited to video games or other game engines.
4. Open Source Compliance (GPL)
- Portions of this Software that interact with the Blender API are subject to the GNU General Public License (GPL). Such code is offered under the GPL, and you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GPL as published by the Free Software Foundation.
- The source code for these GPL-covered portions of the Software is made available with the Software, and/or may be obtained by contacting us.
- You are granted a license to use, modify, and integrate the assets into your Blender projects. These assets, or any derivatives thereof, must not be used in any form of interactive media, including but not limited to video games, real-time simulations, or within any game engine environments.
- Redistribution or sublicense of these assets, in their original or modified state, as standalone files or as part of any collection, is expressly prohibited outside the scope of produced imagery, animations, or film.
- You agree not to use the assets in any manner that is defamatory, unlawful, or in violation of the rights of others.
6. User Creations
- You retain ownership and intellectual property rights in and to the outputs created by you using the Software, such as images, renders, animations, or films.
- You are granted a royalty-free, non-exclusive right to use, reproduce, modify, display, and distribute your creations in any manner you deem appropriate, subject to the terms of this Agreement.
7. Term and Termination
- This Agreement is effective until terminated by you or True-VFX.
- True-VFX may terminate this Agreement at any time without notice if you fail to comply with any term(s) of this Agreement.
- Upon termination, you must cease all use of the Software and destroy all copies of the assets and the Software.
8. Warranties and Disclaimers
- The Software is provided "as is," without any warranty of any kind. True-VFX disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, including without limitation, warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
9. Limitation of Liability
- True-VFX will not be liable for any consequential, incidental, indirect, punitive, or special damages related to the use of or inability to use the Software or the provision of or failure to provide Support Services.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between You and True-VFX regarding the Software and supersedes all prior understandings.
- This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the United Kingdom, without regard to its conflict of law rules.
- By installing, copying, or otherwise using the Software, you acknowledge that you have read this Agreement, understand it, and agree to be bound by its terms and conditions.
- You also acknowledge that this Agreement does not supersede the terms and conditions of any Open Source License applicable to the GPL-covered portions of the Software.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING THE GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE FOR APPLICABLE PORTIONS, DO NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE.